One of my quests is to learn more about the various skincare routines that are across the internet. It is amazing the span of simple to complex levels one can go through in an effort for glowing skin.
One thing I practice that you will hear echoed across many individuals, simple is better. In my opinion, you really only need three steps in your routine: to cleanse, to moisturize, and to apply an SPF. This is the basic routine that I suggest everyone should practice.
Now that we got that out of the way there are, of course, a few more steps that can be added to a routine to round out the overall benefits of other products that can help achieve a more balanced, glowing appearance.
These items are hydrating mists and essences; serums that may minimize the effects of the day-to-day hustle; and masks that may work to achieve a certain glow.
The graphic below, I created based on a personal routine that really is very fluid based on how my skin is feeling each day. I use it as a guide, but I'm certainly not beholden to it. Hopefully, it may give you some inspiration to build your own skincare routine.
Step 1. Cleanse. AM and PM.
- Micellar Cleansing Water
- Cleansing Balm
- Our Facial Oil even works as a great oil cleanser!
- We also offer Cleansing Grains which offer a light exfoliating cleanse for a solid PM clean.
- Coming Soon! - Milky Oat Cleanser
Step 2. Toner and/or Mist. AM and PM.
- Botanical Toner with Rice & Green Tea
- Rose & Cucumber Calming Facial Mist
- Peppermint & Aloe Refreshing Facial Mist
Step 3. Essence. AM and PM.
- Our essence is in testing and should be coming soon!
Step 4. Serums. AM and PM.
- On the Daily Serum: you can use AM or PM, we suggest AM.
- Niacinamide10 Serum: use in the PM only.
- Bakuchiol Alt-A Serum: you can use in the AM or PM.
Step 5. Eye Cream. AM and PM.
Step 6. Moisturizer and Oils. AM and PM.
Step 7. SPF or Sleeping Mask. AM and PM.
- SPF: use in the AM.
- Sleeping Mask (optional): use in the PM - Coming Soon!
Additional. Daily. PM or whenever you want!
Additional/Option. Once Weekly. PM.
- An optional step, but highly recommended, a weekly mask to help exfoliate and cleanse those pores! You can do more per week, just listen to your skin!
- Rose & Oats Clay Mask
- Turmeric & Calendula Clay Mask
- Charcoal Clay Mask
Just remember, no matter the skincare routine you build for you and your skin - listen to your skin! It truly does know best!
Have a beautiful day!